Internship: The Practical Choice.
Finish Your Degree with a New Sense of Professionalism!
Businesses seek job candidates who have successfully demonstrated a practical knowledge of work and skills relevant to their chosen career field. The Internships better prepares upper-division business administration students for entry into the highly competitive job market of the 21st Century, by providing qualified students the opportunity to:
- work with and learn from a dedicated mentor
- gain valuable work experience related to academic or vocational interests
- establish professional contacts and references
- demonstrate initiative and build self-confidence
- learn and practice work skills and behaviors in a supervised work setting
- make a contribution to a business or service organization in the community
- earn up to six hours of upper-division business elective credit
So, are you ready?
See the following requirements for registration in ACC 400 Internship in Accounting (3) and BUS 400 Internship (3), the UH Hilo College of Business and Economics credit-bearing internship course:
ACC 400 Internship in Accounting (3) Supervised on-the-job experience in an accounting position in business or government agency. Comprehensive report by student, meetings with faculty adviser, and performance appraisal from employer required. Pre: ACC 351 Intermediate Acc II (3); Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00; compatibility with career interests; pre-approved job placement, internship contract and instructor's consent.
BUS 400 Internship (3) Supervised on-the-job experience in the business community. Comprehensive report by students, meeting with faculty advisor, and performance evaluation from employer required. Pre: Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00; compatibility with career interests; pre-approved job placement and internship contract and instructor's consent.
Contact the UH Hilo College of Business and Economics Office (808) 932-7272.