Internship: The Practical Choice.
Finish Your Degree with a New Sense of Professionalism!
Businesses seek job candidates who have successfully demonstrated a practical knowledge of work and skills relevant to their chosen career field. The Internships better prepares upper-division business administration students for entry into the highly competitive job market of the 21st Century, by providing qualified students the opportunity to:
- work with and learn from a dedicated mentor
- gain valuable work experience related to academic or vocational interests
- establish professional contacts and references
- demonstrate initiative and build self-confidence
- learn and practice work skills and behaviors in a supervised work setting
- make a contribution to a business or service organization in the community
- earn up to six hours of upper-division business elective credit
So, are you ready?
See the following requirements for registration in ACC 400 Senior Accounting Internship (3) and BUS 400 Internship (3) , the UH Hilo College of Business and Economics credit-bearing internship course:
ACC 400 Supervised on-the-job experience in an accounting position in business or government agency. Comprehensive report by student, meetings with faculty adviser, and performance appraisal from employer required. Pre: ACC 351 Intermediate Acc II (3) ; Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00; compatibility with career interests; pre-approved job placement, internship contract and instructor's consent.
BUS 400 Supervised on-the-job experience in the business community. Comprehensive report by students, meeting with faculty advisor, and performance evaluation from employer required. Pre: Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00; compatibility with career interests; pre-approved job placement and internship contract and instructor's consent.
Contact the UH Hilo College of Business and Economics Office (808) 932-7272. Internship Forms