Dr. Tam Vu
Professor of Economics
College of Business and Economics
Phone: (808) 932-7485
Location: PB 9-2
Website: View Faculty Webpage
- Ph.D., Macroeconomics, Asian Economies, University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa, 2004-2006
- M.A., International Economics, University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa, 2002-2004
- M.A., Manhattan School of Music, 1988-1991
- B.A., Fine Arts, College of Charleston, 1982-1987
- Quantitative/Mathematical Economics
- Asia-Pacific Economies
- Natural Hazards and Resource Economics
- Asia-Pacific Economies
- Vu, T.B., and I. Noy. 2016, “Natural Disasters and Firms in Vietnam,” Pacific Economic Review, 2016, doi: 10.1111/1468-0106
- Vu, T.B., and I. Noy. 2015, “Regional Effects of Natural Disasters in China: Investing in Post-Disaster Recovery,” Natural Hazards, Vol. 75, 111-126
- Vu, T.B., Im, E.I, and A. Bulseco-McKim, 2014, "What Kind of Education is Good for US Productivity? Community Colleges versus Universities," Journal of Empirical Economics, Vol. 2, No. 4, 204-215.
- Vu, T.B., and E.I. Im, 2014, "Portfolio Investment versus Foreign Direct Investment: A China-US Comparative Study, International Journal of Advances in Social Sciences and Humanities, Forthcoming
- Vu, T.B., and E, Im, 2014, Resilience in the Face of the Nature's Furor: Natural Disasters and Vietnamese Households," Journal of Economic Development, No 219, 2-19
- Vu, T.B., and E. Im, 2013, "Impacts of FDI Relations between the US and East Asia on Economic Growth," Asia-Pacific Journal of Social Sciences, Vol. V. No. 1, 13-30
- Vu, T.B. and E.I. Im, 2013, "The Importance of Capital Controls in Vietnam," Journal of Economic Development, No. 215, January 2013, 32-46.
- Vu, T.B., Hammes, D., and E. Im, 2012, "Vocational or University Education? a New Look at Their Effects on Economic Growth," Economics Letters, Vol. 217, Issue 2, 426-428.
- Vu, T.B. and E. Im, 2011, "Optimal Fee to Recover the Setup Cost for Resource Extraction," International Journal of Applied Mathematics, Vol. 41, No. 2, 122-127.
- Vu, T.B. and J. Adrian, 2011, "Pharmacy and Veterinary Pharmacy Education: Facts and Forecasts," Journal of Global Business Development, Vol. 3, 15-20
- Noy, I. and T.B. Vu, 2010, "The Economics of Natural Disasters in a Developing Country: The Case of Vietnam," Journal of Asian Economics, Vol. 21, 345-354.
- Vu, Tam B., 2014, Introduction to Quantitative Forecasts for Business and Economics, Business Expert Press, New York, NY, forth coming.
Selected Conference Proceedings and Working Paper:
- “Community Colleges versus Universities: Human Capital and US Economy,” 2016, Working Paper,
with Gene Johnson, Tom DeWitt, and Eric Im. Community Colleges versus Universities: Human Capital and US Economy
- June 12-14, 2014, Honolulu, HI, AABRI International Conference Hawaii, Chair, Economics-Finance Session
- January 4-6, 2013, San Diego, American Economic Association, Annual Meeting, Chair, China's Economy Session
- Member, International Association of Engineers, initiated 2010
- Member, American Economic Association, initiated 2005
- Member, Econometric Society, initiated 2005