Dr. Krishna Dhir
Dean (On Leave 2016-2017)
College of Business and Economics
Phone: (808) 932-7272
Location: CoBE Building
- Ph.D., Management Science & Administrative Policy, University of Colorado at Boulder
- M.B.A., Business Administration, University of Hawaii at Manoa
- M.S., Chemical Engineering & Physiology, Michigan State University
- B.Tech, Chemical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
- Business Ethics
- Business and Society
- Analysis of Judgement and Decision
- Language, Corporate Communications, and Knowledge Creation
- K.S. Dhir (2013). "The Emergence of Business Ethics." In Vijay R. Kannan (Eds.), Strategic Management in the 21st Century, Volume 2, Chapter 12, pp. 255-279. New York: Praeger Publishing. ISBN-13:978-0-313-39741-7.
- K.S. Dhir (Ed.) (2011). 大学学部長の役割: 米国経営系学部の研究・教育・サービス. Tokyo, Japan: Chuo-Keizai-Sha. ISBN: 978-4-502-68720-4. 245 pp. (Translated by Osam Sato)
- **K.S. Dhir (2008). The Dean's Perspective: Issues in Academic Leadership in Schools of Business. Atlanta, Georgia: Decision Sciences Institute, Georgia State University. ISBN: 978-0-615-21911-0.
- K.S. Dhir (2007). "Emerging paradigms of Health Care Decision Making Behavior." In Evan M. Berman (Ed.), Encyclopedia of Public Administration and Public Policy, Second Edition. Boca Raton, Florida: CRC Press. ISBN: 1-4200-5275-6.
- K.S. Dhir (2007). "Stakeholder Activism through Nonviolence." Corporate Communications: An International Journal, 12 (1), 75-93.
- K.S. Dhir (2006). "Corporate Communication through Nonviolent Rhetoric: Environmental, Agency and Methodological Prerequisites." Corporate Communications: An International Journal, 11(3), 249-266.
- K.S. Dhir (2005). "Context, Access and Use of Data for Student Learning: The Case of Berry College." In Kathryn D. Martell and Thomas G. Calderon (Eds.), Assessment of Student Learning in Business Schools: Best Practices Each Step of the Way, Volume 1, Number 2, Chapter 10, 167-183. Tampa, Florida: AACSB International Association for Institutional Research. ISBN 882393-13-9.
- K.S. Dhir (2005). "The Value of Language: Concept, Perspectives, and Policies." Corporate Communications: An International Journal, 10 (4), 358-382.
- K.S. Dhir and D. Vinen (2004). "Managing Corporate Respectability: Concept, Issues, and Policy Formulation." Corporate Communications: An International Journal, 10(1), 5-23.
- M.G. Nicholls, B.J. Cargill and K.S. Dhir (2004). "Using OR for Diagnosis and Facilitation in Change Programmes - A University Application." Journal of the Operational Research Society, 55 (5), 440-452.
- K.S. Dhir (2003). "The Corporate Executive's Dharma: Insights from the Indian epic Mahabharata." In Oliver F. Williams (ed.), Business, Religion, and Spirituality: A New Synthesis, 122-138. Notre Dame, Indiana: University of Notre Dame Press, September 2003. ISBN: 0-2680-2173-2.
- K..S Dhir and .A Gòkè-Paríolá (2002). "The Case for Language Policies in Multinational Corporations." Corporate Communications: An International Journal, 7 (4), 241-251.
- K.S. Dhir and T. Savage (2002). "The Value of a Working Language." International Journal of the Sociology of Language, 158, 1-35.
- K.S. Dhir (2001). "Enhancing Management's Understanding of Operational Research Models." Journal of the Operational Research Society, 52 (8), 873-887.
- Corporate Communications International, Advisory Board, 2004 to date
- Decisions Sciences Institute, President (2011-2012)
- Western Decisions Sciences Institute, President, 2003-2004
- Operational Research Society of U.K., Fellow (2004)
- BioStar Medical Products, Inc., Boulder, Colorado: Vice President for Strategic Planning (1984-1986)
- CIBA-GEIGY AG, Basel, Switzerland: Advisor, Strategic Planning, Pharmaceutical Division (1976-1982)
- Borg-Warner Chemicals, Parkersburg, West Virginia: Development Engineer, International Division (1969-1972)