Dr. Kimberly Furumo
Professor of Management Information Systems
College of Business and Economics
Phone: (808) 932-7239
Location: CoBE Building
- Ph.D., Business Administration, South Illinois University, Carbondale, Illinois
- MBA, University of Akron, Akron, Ohio
- Masters of Social Work, St. Louis University, St. Louis, Missouri
- BA, Social Work, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin
- Quantitative Business Analysis
- Virtual Teams
- Characteristics of CEOs
- Budget Director, Eastern Illinois University, 1992 - 2002
- Planning Director, Eastern Illinois University, 1989 - 1992
- Jalbert, T., Jalbert, M., Furumo, K., (2013) Financial Performance and Financial management of Founding and Non-Founding CEOs, The Journal of American Academy of Business, Cambridge Vol. 18(2), pp. 1-8.
- Jalbert, T., Jalbert, M., Furumo, K., (2013) The Relationship between CEO Gender, Financial Performance and Financial Management, Journal of Business and Economics Research, Vol. 11(1), pp. 25-33.
- Jalbert, T., Jalbert, M., Furumo, K., (2011) Does AACSB Accreditation Matter? Evidence From Large Firm CEOs, Journal of Applied Business Research, Vol. 27(3), pp. 93-106.
- Jalbert, T., Furumo, K., and Jalbert, M. (2011) Does Educational Background Affect CEO Compensation and Firm Performance? Journal of Applied Business Research, Vol. 27(1), pp. 15-39.
- Furumo, K. (2009) The Impact of Conflict and Conflict Management Style on Deadbeats and Deserters in Virtual Teams. Journal of Computer Information Systems, 49(4), pp. 66-73.
- Furumo, K., de Pillis, E., and Green, D. (2009) Personality influences trust differently in virtual and face to face teams. International Journal of Human Resources Development and Management, 9(1), pp. 36-58.
- de Pillis, E., and Furumo, K. (2007) On the Internet, Nobody Knows You're a Girl: The Female Performance Advantage in Anonymous Virtual Teams. Journal of International Business and Economy, 8(2), pp. 35-47.
- Furumo, K. and Pearson, J. (2007) Gender-Based Communication Styles, Trust, and Satisfaction in Virtual Teams. Journal of Information, Information Technology, and Organizations, 2, pp. 47-60.
- de Pillis, E. and Furumo, K. (2007) Technical Opinion: Counting the Cost of Virtual Teams. Communications of the ACM, 50(12), pp. 93-95.
- Furumo, K. (2007). Insuring a Successful ERP Implementation: Lessons Learned from a Failed ERP Project at a State Public University, in Case Studies in Digital Government, Bruce Rocheleau Editor, Hershey, PA: Idea Group Inc., pp. 110-125.
- Martin, N., Pearson, J., and Furumo, K. (2007). IS Project Management: Size, Practices and the Project Management Office. Journal of Computer Information Systems, 47(4), pp. 52-60.
- Furumo, K., Pearson, J. and Martin, L. (2006). Do Project Management Tools and Outcomes Differ in Organizations of Varying Size and Scope? Interdisciplinary Journal of Information, Knowledge and Management, 1(1), pp. 23-36.
- Furumo, K. and Melcher, A. (2006). The Importance of Social Structure in Implementing ERP Systems: A Case Study using Adaptive Structuration Theory. Journal of Information Technology Case and Application Research, 8(2).
- Martin, N. Green, D., and Furumo, K. (2006). Exploring Web User Styles in B2C e-Commerce. International Journal of Electronic Marketing and Retailing, 1(2), pp. 115-131.