Dr. Emmeline dePillis
Professor of Management
College of Business and Economics
Phone: (808) 932-7251
Location: CoBE Building
- Ph. D., Business Administration, University of Southern California, Marshall School of Business, Los Angeles, CA
- B.A., Mathematics/Computer Science; Minor in Literature/Writing, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA
- Organizational Behavior
- Career Development
- Strategic Management
- Cognitive Biases
- Organizational effectiveness in health care and higher education
- Virtual Teams
- Health Care Management Consulting
- de Pillis, E.G., (2013) In defense of the lifestyle business. Biz Ed Magazine, a publication of AACSB International. November/December 66-67.
- de Pillis, E.G. Parsons, B., (2013) Implementing Self-Directed Work Teams at a College Newspaper. College Student Journal. 47 (1) 53-63.
- de Pillis, E.G. Whiting, V. Hatch, Jr., (2010) A Five Phase Approach to Poverty Eradication: An Educational Proposal for Sustainable Leadership and Sustainable Development. The journal of corporate citizenship 39 41-56.
Selected Conference Participation:
- de Pillis, E.G. Johnson, J., (2014) First, Do No Harm: Effective, Ineffective, and Counterproductive Teaching Methods. Presented at the 2014 Business Education Research Conference being held in conjunction with National Business Education Association Convention, Los Angeles, CA April 15-17.
- de Pillis, E.G. Kim, B. Kaulukukui, G.H. Thomas, C.A., (2013) Student attitudes toward Western and non-Western business discourse. Poster presented at the annual meeting of the American Psychological Association, Honolulu, HI July 31-August 4.